Three ways that I might minimise my material use with the package:
Whilst developing my packaging I have decided that cardboard is the most suitable material due to its durability and flexibility. However through the development stage I have been trying to adapt the packaging using as little material as possible, creating the net shape out of a singular piece of cardboard.
I have changed the packaging so that glue is not needed, having constructed packaging that needs only folds and tabs.
By creating a use for the small sections that have to be popped out for the tabs will make the package completely reusable.
Things I would do to minimise my carbon footprint:
Buying more local and organic produce. This will minimise how far it will travel if it’s locally grown and there is a better chance the food was grown in an eco-friendly way. Many foods have a large carbon footprint due to how they were produced and the distance it had to travel to reach our shops.
Switching to Florescent light bulbs will use 75% less energy and last much longer than normal bulbs. Comparing these to regular bulbs, the fluorescents are more expensive, but they will eventually pay for themselves due to lower energy costs.
Information display at CAT:
As I was unable to attend the trip I have looked at the images you have put up and can see that there seem to be a range of information displays around the site appeared to be in the open. They all have a very different feel to them. I'm not sure whether this is dependent on the area or not. Suggested improvement would be perhaps having some sort of flow through all of the info boards (a theme). This would minimise the confusion and create a continuity through the centre.
No comments:
Post a Comment